When you have employees working remotely, from anywhere, they are at risk of security breaches throughout the day. Are you doing everything you can to keep your business and data secure?
Check out our typical Day in the Life timeline to see where you could be leaving holes in your security approach and find out how to plug them.
9am: Employee logs on to their laptop
- Are they using the latest version of your VPN software?
- Did you know many data breaches could have been prevented by patched software?
10am: Employee receives a suspicious email, do they know what to do?
- Is your employee aware of “phishing” and how it could be used to plant ransomware or malware onto your network?
11am: Employee is waiting for a meeting in a coffee shop and is using their tablet
- Is there a privacy screen on the device, protecting what’s on the screen from anyone looking over the employee’s shoulder?
- If the device was lost, do you have a record of it on your asset register?
12pm: Employee shares documents with a customer via an app installed on their mobile
- Do you have control over this information?
- Could you set up your own controlled file share system for large files?
1pm: Employee is checking personal emails on their work device while at lunch
- Are uploads being monitored?
2pm: Employee needs to provision a service with a supplier – there is only one password in use for the company
- Would you be sure to change the password in the event that the employee left the organisation?
3pm: Employee installs unauthorised software onto their device
- Are employees required to get authorisation for software downloads from IT to prevent malware being installed onto devices?